Saturday, April 26, 2014

2. Second Week


My Cousin Wedding and my first visit to Chicago

 
It occurs in September 2011, my lovely cousin was getting married. His name is Israel.
His wedding was in Chicago, and I lived in Spain. I had never been in Chicago before, although my family has lived in Chicago a long time, almost forty years ago.
 
That was a big opportunity to visit my family and to know Chicago.  Then I came to Chicago for the first time.
 
The first thing that I did was to visit the Downtown in the night as soon as my uncle picked up me in the airport. That was amazing! I was really tired because I had jet lag.
 
I visited all my family and everybody was preparing for my cousin's wedding. But that travel meant to me different things because I did not know all my family, I have never been in Chicago, my birthday was close and of course, my cousin was getting married.
 
I have two aunts and one uncle; my family wanted me to visit each their houses and I did it.
My Sister came to Chicago as well; I had not seen in the last three years ago, I was really excited because I wished to see her.
 
During the wedding, we shared all the time; I met my new nieces and my nephew. They were my aunts, my uncle, my nieces, my nephew and my sister. It was like a dream to me.
 
My uncle was the clergyman, he directed the wedding, this was really special to my cousin and my uncle because it was the first wedding of the family that my uncle had done.
 
During the party, my sister, who is a singer, sang in this special event, my cousin was really happy.
The last day, my uncle and my aunt celebrated my birthday.
 
Those were only five days, but I will remember them as if they have been much more.
I had never thought that I could live in Chicago now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment